The Spring season is the perfect time to de-clutter and get organized at home. Adopt these 5 daily habits to keep you house neat and your home life happier:
1. Grab a bin and go through each of the main living areas of your home. Put anything that does not belong in that room into the bin. Once you’re done, go through the bin. Donate or toss anything you don't need and find the home of the rest. Do this every day moving forward to make sure you don’t let things pile up.
2. Clean off your kitchen countertops. Get rid of anything you do not use on a regular basis. Relocate item you use regularly to an easily accessible place if you can! If you're storing items you never use (hello bread maker), it's time to purge. Your cabinets and pantries are for storage, not your countertops. Once you’re done, make a commitment to counters clear.
3. Make your bed. If nothing else in the room is put together, at the very least, make your bed as soon as you rise for the day. This simple task will transform your bedroom.
4. Do a load of laundry every day from start to finish. This means wash, dry, fold and put away. Start it in the morning then finish in the evening. This is a game-changer. You will no longer dread the weekends with mountains of dirty clothes. Doing a little bit every day will make it so much more manageable.
5. Go through your mail as soon as it enters the house. Toss the junk mail, pay the bills and store anything you will need in the future.
These small steps can lead to bigger changes over time. Enjoy Spring and your newly organized home!